As previously mentioned, I was nominated for 2 Liebster awards in quite a small space of time. Luckily for me, the two nominations have different questions, and its a lovely and fun thing to do. So here I am again!
This time, I was nominated by the fabulous Katt Martin who I know from the plus size blogger community, and who is one of my “herd”
The good thing about the Liebsters, is you get to ask question of someone that you probably wouldn’t normally ask. I certainly felt that I learnt a lot about Katt from her blog post – see it here Katts Blog
As I had already answered one set of questions and nominated, It made it a little tricky on coming up with another set of people to ask. But here goes!
The rules are as follows…
Katt asked me the following – I hope she likes the answers I gave!
1. If you could only eat one food for the rest of my life, what would it be?
This has to be a “Croque Madame” I love the whole mustard, ham and cheese toasted sandwich thing, but topped by a fried egg, just completes it!
2. Name three things you can’t live without. The first two go without saying..
- My Partner
- My Children
- My Mobile Phone – I do everything on my phone. Banking, Reading, Appointments, Social Media, Blogging, Taking photos and listening to Music. I even do my shopping lists and recipes on it. I’d be lost without it.
3. What is your best childhood memory?
There are probably thousands that I can name. One that really sticks out for me is Christmas when I was about 4 or 5. I had been really really good, and I desperately wanted a train set. I asked Santa for one, and I was so excited.
On Christmas Morning, my Mum took me into the garage, and there was a replica silver cross twin hard bodied pram, with TWO Tiny Tears Dolls in there – This was the MUST have present that year (or so I am told)I burst into tears and asked “where was the Train Set from Santa”
Whilst this doesn’t sound like a good memory, My Uncle and Auntie came over on Boxing Day, and with them came a big train set. I have never been so happy, and I clearly remember the joy of getting it.
Mum gave the pram and dollies away :$
4. What is your Favourite Time of the Year
This is usually around November time, My daughters birthday. I love surprising them on their special day and we usually go to Centreparcs for a week. We have done this for many years and have always been blessed with the most amazing weather. Crisp bright Autumn days, with crunchy leaves and lots of wildlife about. I love it!
5. If you could achieve one thing in my life, just one thing, above all others, What would it be and why?
Goodness, this was a tricky question!. Most people would choose World Peace or Curing Cancer etc, and these are amazing options. But I am not a diplomat or a medical person, so I needed to choose something more realistic.
I would like to spend the rest of my life making the people I love and care for happy. For them to be proud of me and my achievements and to finally “find” my place and purposes. I think I am almost there after 40 years…
6. What’s the most embarrassing thing You have ever done?
Probably Karaoke in St Lucia, this past April. I had never done it before…and I won’t be doing it again! I sounded terrible, but relaxing holidays and alcohol never make for a good combination on the “bright idea” front.
7. What is your favourite drink?
Long Island Ice tea – I love the combination of flavours in this cocktail, and It is my first choice when I am out, every time.
8. Cuddle up with a good book or a good film? And what would it be?
For me it has to be a book. I am a total Bibliophile. I literally have thousands of books in my spare room, and even more on my kindle. I read on average 4- 6 books a week! My favourite has always been “To Kill a Mocking Bird” by Harper Lee. I studied this for GCSE English Literature, and I still have my revision copy 25 years later.
For a more modern book, you can’t beat the books of James Patterson, especially the Alex Cross series. I have majority of these in signed hardback, yet I read them in paperback form so they don’t get ruined!
9. What keeps you blogging?
The absolute love of writing. I am no J.K Rowling or Stephen King, but I love the whole process. The laying down of “me” onto paper. My ideas, thoughts, adventures and ramblings. I take great pleasure in writing them all long hand into lovely notebooks too, with a fountain pen. Then I painstakingly cross loads of it out and start again!
The support of my fellow PS bloggers, who have become great friends means that I also carry on, with their encouragement. It is easy for life to get in the way, distraction, appointments and work. But they keep me focused on making time to do that writing, because I definitely find it a stress-reliever.
10. What do you want to achieve with your blog?
Well, as with most bloggers, I would love for it to get more views/followers, but equally I am happy bibbling along writing FOR me, because I love it!
I’ll never be a superfamous blogger with thousands of followers, but I am extremely proud of my little blog, and what it has achieved so far.
Now… its the turn of the people I nominate to take the challenge and answer my questions. Here they are.
- If you could make one wish come true (either for yourself or someone else) What would it be and Why?
- What is your favourite Song, and why?
- Name one place, real or imaginary that you have always wanted to go.
- What item of clothing can you not live without?
- What is your favourite meal and why?
- If you could be someone else for the day, Who is it, and Why?
- What has been your worst Fashion Faux Pas AND pictures if possible please/
- Who do you admire and Why?
- Where do you want to see the PS Blogging community in 5 years?
- Who/What is your secret crush or Guilty Pleasure?
- IF you had to move to a desert island with no social media access, what FIVE items would you take?
Now for my nominees – This is also tricky as I have already nominated 11, but here goes.